360 Circumferential Lower Body lift surgery: What Should You Know
What is a 360 Circumferential Lower body lift?
A 360 circumferential lower body lift is performed to remove, reshape, and lift hanging skin and fat common body parts after massive weight loss, aging, or pregnancy.
A 360 circumferential body lift is a trademark technique of Dr. J. Timothy Katzen. M.D., Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai, UAE. A 360 circumferential body lift surgery focuses on the mid and lower body, including the abdomen, buttocks, lower back, flanks, and upper thighs.
One must note that body lifts are not a substitute for weight loss. A body contouring procedure helps reshape and lift the mid and lower body areas. A 360 lower body lift surgery is recommended once you have stabilized at your goal weight. The combination of skin excision and liposuction addresses localized fat deposits to meet the desired body contouring goal.
A 360 circumferential body lift surgery is a major surgery that will recontour a patient's lower body and produce a tauter figure that looks beautiful and proportionate. Expert, board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Katzen has tremendous experience in body contouring surgery, and has performed hundreds of 360 circumferential lower body lifts.
Areas treated during a lower body lift:
- Abdominal excess skin is eliminated from the front of the abdomen.
- A 360 lower body lift involves the removal of excess skin from the lower back and elevation of the buttocks.
- A thigh lift may need to be performed in addition to the treatment of the abdomen and trunk.
What is included in a 360 circumferential body lift?
A 360 circumferential body lift includes the mid and lower body, including the abdomen, buttocks, lower back, hips, flanks, upper, and outer thighs. Depending on the desired amount of skin excision, a 360 circumferential incision helps eliminate a significant amount of skin excision and lift. The body lift removes an apron of excess skin and fat, resulting in a flat lower abdomen. Thus, a circumferential body lift treats the buttocks, tummy, waist, hips, and thighs in one procedure.
Who is a good candidate for a 360 body lift?
A 360 lower body lift might be right for you if:
- You have lost a significant amount of weight.
- You have excess skin and fat in one or more areas.
- You are healthy and do not have any medical conditions that may impair healing.
- You have realistic expectations and can manage a lengthy recovery process.
- You are at a stable weight and are committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and exercise.
- You have quit smoking for four months.
What are the pros and cons of a 360 circumferential lower body lift?
Following are the pros of a 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery:
- The results of 360 circumferential lower body lifts are visible almost immediately. The final results of the body lift procedures take 2-3 years to develop fully.
- A body lift procedure eliminates hanging skin and fat from the abdomen, buttocks, lower back, upper thighs, and flanks to reshape the body contour and produce a slender and sleek figure.
- A 360 circumferential lower body lift addresses loose skin and excess tissue around the hips, thighs, and abdomen for men and women who reach their weight loss goal.
- A 360 circumferential lower body lift permanently eliminates unwanted/ excess hanging skin in the lower body.
- A 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery can help to regain your youthful contour by removing excess skin rolls and pockets of stubborn fat deposits. Thus, 360 circumferential body lift is an excellent choice for patients after massive weight loss, and pregnancy.
Following are the cons of a 360 lower body lift surgery:
The risk of pain, bleeding, fluid accumulation, and reaction to anesthesia may occur with 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery as with any other surgical procedure.
Have a look at the risks associated with 360 lower body lift that is effectively managed with good post-op care and follow-ups:
- Seroma: fluid accumulation under the incisions
- Delayed healing
- Recurrent loose skin
- Blood clot (Deep venous thrombosis- DVT)
- Wound openings
*This is a 49-year-old male patient who had gastric bypass surgery and lost 220 pounds. He continued to lose more weight with diet and exercise. After losing all the weight he had a lot of excess skin that was causing rashes, constantly being uncomfortable and interference with his daily activities. Upon maintaining a steady weight he was ready to get rid of his excess skin. He underwent a 360 lipo and now can participate in more physical activities and gained his confidence back to wear shorts in the Summer."
How much does a 360 circumferential body lift cost?
Body lift surgery is a major plastic surgery procedure. The cost of a 360 lower body lift is based on your plastic surgeon's expertise, credentials, and experience. Other factors that significantly influence the price of a body lift are the extent of body lift, complexity of the procedure, technique involved, and accreditation of the plastic surgery center. In addition, the cost of body lift surgery may increase if you choose to stay in the hospital overnight instead of having the procedure performed at an outpatient surgical center.
"It is important to consider all the variables," notes Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon. "First, make sure the body lift meets and addresses your goals individually. Goals will vary from patient to patient.
Dr. Katzen advises. "It is important to know that my cost includes my plastic surgeon's fee, operating room, anesthesia, compression garment, and the surgery center charges."
Because body lift surgery combines more than one procedure, the utmost precision and tremendous artistic skills are required from your chosen plastic surgeon. Dr. Katzen says, "you may have different opinions when you visit different plastic surgeons. In addition, every plastic surgeon has their own set of cost parameters based on hospital facilities, available technology, and safety parameters."
You must ask to see before-and-after photos of real patients and check and research how many successful body lifts your plastic surgeon has performed. After your preliminary research, please consult with several body lift plastic surgeons and ask what they would recommend for you based on your surgical goals and medical history.
What is 360 circumferential body lift recovery like?
Every patient is different and requires a customized body lift surgery. After your body lift, it is necessary to stay two or more nights in a monitored setting. After those two nights, you are expected to remain for about two weeks in Beverly Hills, CA, or Las Vegas, NV, after your procedure. It is required to rest in the proper position. Drainage needs to be monitored; Dr. Timothy Katzen will examine your overall condition to ensure proper and appropriate wound healing. You will be instructed to take care of dressing yourself. Follow-up appointments will be necessary so Dr. Katzen can track your recovery.
The timeline of 360 circumferential body lift recovery is mentioned below:
- The patient can start gentle walking one or two days after body lift surgery.
- Depending on the output, drains will be removed after 10-14 days.
- The downtime of 360 body lifts is about 10-14 days.
- It takes most patients at least four weeks to resume everyday activity.
- Strenuous physical activities, such as aerobics and gym, should be delayed to at least six to eight weeks after body lift surgery.
- In some cases, it takes up to six months to start the more active/strenuous movements.
How soon will you see the results from a 360 circumferential body lift?
The results of 360 circumferential body lift surgery will be seen immediately. You will feel that your concerned areas have become more contoured, and extra skin permanently eliminated. The post-op swelling will resolve over time.
How long does a 360 circumferential body lift last?
A 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery can take 6-10 hours.
How much weight do you lose after a 360 circumferential body lift?
A 360 circumferential body lift is a body contouring procedure. Thus, 360 circumferential body lift should not be thought of as weight-loss surgery. Since a 360 circumferential body lift is targeted to remove excess skin and unwanted fat pockets, you will lose some weight. Typically, patients can lose 10-20 lbs after 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery. Therefore, maintaining a healthy lifestyle followed by a nutritious diet and exercise after 360 circumferential body lift surgery is mandatory for long-lasting results.
What are the risks of a 360 circumferential body lift?
As with any surgical procedure, 360 circumferential body lift surgery also includes some possible complications/risks. The most common complications associated with the 360 circumferential body lift surgery are wound openings, pain, bleeding, contour irregularity, scarring, infection, reactions to anesthesia, blood clots, and skin or fat necrosis. These risks are minimized effectively with disciplined post-op care and the experienced hand of a board-certified plastic surgeon.
One must note that nutritional deficiency in the body may lead to poor wound healing. Thus, preoperative correction of nutritional deficiency is recommended to minimize the risk of poor wound healing.
How can you minimize the chances of risks/complications or uncertainty of 360 circumferential body lift surgery?
- Choose an expert, board-certified plastic surgeon.
- Be sure your plastic surgeon uses board-certified anesthesiologists.
- Be sure your plastic surgeon uses an accredited plastic surgery center/clinic equipped with the latest technologies, and standard safety & hygiene measure. The best clinic setup encourages a higher level of safety and the best results.
What are body lift scars like?
Usually, 360 lower body lift surgery leaves a scar below the bikini line that can be perfectly hidden under clothing. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen has expertise in placing the incision in less visible areas, such as natural skin folds or below the bikini line. You should not worry about the scars left from a 360 circumferential lower body lifts surgery; rather focus on stubborn excess skin and fat that will be permanently removed helping you to complete your weight-loss journey. Good post-op care with proper instructions given by Dr. Katzen and his team will help make the scars flat and eventually blend with your skin. Moreover, a prescribed cream will have a crucial role in making the scars inconspicuous.
Call TODAY to schedule a 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Katzen has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai, UAE. Physical or virtual consultations can be arranged. Virtual consultation options include FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and WhatsApp. Call TODAY at (310) 859-7770 or email [email protected] to schedule your consultation and achieve your desired body contour.