Six Health Benefits Of A Tummy Tuck
It is easy to see why the tummy tuck procedure continues to grow in popularity each year. With its ability to help patients achieve a slimmer, smoother, tighter midsection, countless men and women across the country turn to the tummy tuck to truly transform their look. However, while the cosmetic benefits of a tummy tuck surgery are certainly compelling, you may be surprised to learn that there are also many ways a tummy tuck can be used to improve your health, wellness, and overall quality of life. Renowned board-certified, plastic surgeon, Dr. Timothy Katzen and the exceptional team at J. Timothy Katzen, M.D. Beverly Hills are proud to help patients not only enhance their appearance, but also improve their health – through the most innovative and effective procedures available, including a tummy tuck surgery.
What does a tummy tuck do?
For most patients, a cosmetic tummy tuck is primarily used to create a more trim, contoured abdomen by removing excess abdominal skin and fat. While the aging process alone can take a toll on the skin, oftentimes, it is after weight loss patients or women who have had children who are left with significantly stretched, loose skin due to their weight fluctuations. As part of a tummy tuck, Dr. Katzen excises this extra abdominal skin and fat to produce a more appealing, firmer, natural-looking figure. In some cases, liposuction and other techniques may also be used during a tummy tuck to further enhance a patient’s results.
Does a tummy tuck improve your health?
The health benefits of a tummy tuck, for many patients, can be just as life-changing as the cosmetic benefits. Six of the most exciting ways a tummy tuck can improve your health include:
1. Relieve muscle pain: When patients have a significant amount of extra skin that hangs uncomfortably from their midsection, often, they overcompensate with poor posture, leading to chronic back aches and pains. Many patients are able to comfortably correct their posture following tummy tuck surgery and notice an immediate improvement in their symptoms.
2. Correct hernia: Anterior abdominal wall weakness often occurs with significant weight fluctuation. Anterior muscle wall weakness can lead to tears and holes in the abdominal wall and thus, hernias. During tummy tuck surgery, hernias can be corrected, and the abdominal wall can be strengthened and reinforced to discourage subsequent hernia formation.
3. Fix diastasis recti: Another common complication of weight fluctuation and pregnancy is the development of a condition known as diastasis recti. Diastasis recti is the medical term to describe the separation of abdominal muscles. Diastasis recti is often responsible for the stubborn pouch of the abdomen, which is impossible to correct with exercise alone. Tummy tuck surgery is an effective way to restore the original position of the abdominal fascia and tighten the muscles to prevent future separation.
4. Improve continence: Stress urinary incontinence is an embarrassing and frustrating condition in which patients leak urine when they cough, sneeze, laugh, jump, or do other activities. Often, urinary incontinence is seen in women who have given birth vaginally. Many patients report a significant improvement in their continence following a tummy tuck.
5. Encourage a healthy lifestyle: With a newly enhanced physique and improved mobility, many patients are highly motivated to begin or continue a regular exercise routine and healthy eating after tummy tuck surgery, which, of course, can have a profound effect on your overall health and wellness.
6. Boost emotional health: Mental health plays a vital role in a person’s overall well-being and quality of life. Following tummy tuck surgery, an overwhelming number of patients report being happier, having better self-confidence, and enjoying life more than ever.
During your consultation in Beverly Hills, CA, Dr. Katzen will discuss your medical and cosmetic concerns in detail in order to determine if a tummy tuck is right for you. In many cases, patients choose to pair a tummy tuck with additional procedures, as in the case of a lower body lift or mommy makeover, for a more transformative surgery that can address a number of concerns in a single surgical setting.
How do I find the best tummy tuck surgeon in Beverly Hills, CA?
When it comes to undergoing cosmetic surgery, choosing a plastic surgeon is arguably one of the most important decisions a patient will make. Selecting a highly qualified, experienced, and skilled plastic surgeon to perform your tummy tuck is essential for a successful procedure and stunning, long-lasting results. Before scheduling your surgery, be sure to ask questions about the doctor’s training and experience, read reviews from previous patients, and browse before-and-after galleries on the plastic surgeon’s website to get an idea of what results may be possible for you.
If you are interested in learning more about how a tummy tuck can help you finally create – or restore – a gorgeous, sculpted figure, call the office of J. Timothy Katzen, M.D. Beverly Hills to schedule your one-on-one consultation with board-certified and award-winning plastic surgeon Dr. Timothy Katzen, and take the first step toward a whole new you today!
Call today to schedule a free consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Katzen has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai. Physical or virtual consultations can be arranged. Options include FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, or WhatsApp virtual consultation. Call Dr. Katzen TODAY for your free consultation to achieve the tummy of your dreams.