As you age, your body goes through changes that can have a dramatic effect on your appearance. If you are concerned about the way that you look, a body lift may be the answer. This cosmetic surgical procedure is designed to restore a beautiful, youthful shape to your body. In addition to creating a tighter, smoother figure by removing excess skin from the abdomen, the procedure addresses issues with the lower back and hips. A body lift may be a good option for patients who have experienced significant weight loss and are left with loose skin. Performed under general anesthesia, the operation generally takes four to six hours. An overnight stay is recommended for additional patient comfort. Recovery takes approximately two weeks. If you are considering this cosmetic procedure, it is important that you gather as much information as possible so that you can consider the pros and cons before making a decision.
Benefits of a Body Lift
- Removing excess skin along with fatty tissue will give you a firmer, trimmer body.
- A healthier body will give you more energy and stamina because you no longer have to carry around excess weight.
- Improved health and lower weight may reduce the need for some medications.
- Removing excess skin eliminates the rashes and skin infections that can occur when skin folds continually rub against each other.
- There is an emotional boost to your self-confidence as you get the appearance that you want.
- Because the procedure is major surgery, there is associated downtime that you will have to schedule.
- You may require assistance with daily tasks like preparing meals for several days after the surgery.
- Prescription medications may be required to manage pain and discomfort.
- There is always the risk of complications associated with major surgery. As a result, the procedure should only be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon to increase the chance of success.
Are You a Good Candidate for a Body Lift? The best candidates for a body lift are individuals who are in good overall health, do not smoke and have reasonable expectations. The opportunity to reduce excess skin and fat around the lower part of your body may improve your appearance and self-esteem. This can give you greater confidence and a better quality of life. If you are interested in more information about a body lift with Dr. Katzen, contact our office today! We can schedule a consultation to determine whether the procedure is right for you.