What Are The Pros And Cons Of Facelift Surgery?
Without a doubt, facelift surgery remains the most effective way to achieve the most dramatic and long-lasting results when it comes to facial rejuvenation in Beverly Hills, CA. Men and women who undergo a Beverly Hills facelift can look up to 10 years younger and enjoy their results for 10 – 15 years or more! Internationally renowned award-winning board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Timothy Katzen and the exceptional team at J. Timothy Katzen, M.D. Beverly Hills are proud to have helped thousands of patients achieve a stunning new look with the most advanced and cutting-edge facelift techniques available in Southern California. If you are frustrated or embarrassed by facial aging signs, discover the life-changing benefits of facelift surgery here.
What does a facelift do?
Most men and women think of a facelift purely as an anti-aging procedure. However, the facelift has a long list of cosmetic, functional, and psychological benefits. Some of the most compelling improvements that can be made with facelift surgery in Beverly Hills, CA include:
- Remove excess, sagging face and neck skin
- Reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Restore lost volume in the cheeks and face
- Lift drooping jowls
- Tighten loose skin on the face
- Remove stubborn fat under the chin and neck
- Achieve a younger, happier look overall
During your initial consultation for Beverly Hills facelift surgery, Dr. Katzen will thoroughly evaluate and discuss your specific concerns, discuss your ideal outcome, and answer all of your questions before recommending a customized surgical plan that will best achieve your wishes.
What is the best age to get a facelift?
A common misconception about facelift surgery is that the facelift procedure is reserved for older patients. In reality, a facelift is one of the most common procedures performed on men and women of virtually all ages. Some of the specific types of facelifts that Dr. Katzen performs include:
- Full facelift: The full facelift, or traditional facelift, is most often used to address advanced aging signs across the entire face. A drooping brow, hollow cheeks, lines and wrinkles, and sagging jowls are among the most common concerns that can be dramatically improved with a full facelift.
- Mid-facelift: For patients with concerns primarily involving the lower two-thirds of the face, such as frown lines and droopy jowls, the mid-facelift may be ideal.
- Lower facelift: When men and women have moderate to severe concerns involving excess skin and fat around the jowls, neck, and under the chin, a lower facelift can be life-changing.
During your initial facelift consultation, Dr. Katzen will thoroughly evaluate your concerns and discuss your health history, goals, and expectations to determine the most appropriate timing for your procedure. While each patient is unique, certain facial plastic surgeries may be more beneficial at a given age based on skin laxity and other personal factors. For example, patients with mild to moderate concerns around their eyes may be ideal candidates for blepharoplasty – or eyelid surgery – while men and women with deep lines, sagging skin, and prominent jowls may be better-suited to full facelift surgery.
Is facelift permanent?
While no cosmetic surgery is capable of halting the aging process, the facelift is undoubtedly one of the most effective procedures for dramatically reversing the effects of aging and slowing the progression of lines, wrinkles, and other unwanted changes. When patients practice proper aftercare, facelift surgery results can last up to 10 – 15 years or longer before a revision procedure is needed. To help preserve and prolong the results of your facial plastic surgery, follow these guidelines:
- Adhere to your plastic surgeon’s postoperative instructions
- Take prescribed medications as directed
- Attend all follow-up appointments
- Do not rush your recovery
- Keep your skin moisturized
- Stay hydrated
- Avoid sun exposure
- Take advantage of nonsurgical and minimally invasive maintenance treatments
What are the possible facelift side effects?
When it comes to facelift surgery, most negative side effects result from surgical error and poor postoperative care. To minimize surgical error, you should choose a highly qualified, experienced, and board-certified plastic surgeon. This choice is essential to minimize the risk of complication, infection, prolonged swelling or bleeding, numbness, an unsatisfactory result, an unnatural appearance, and more. When appropriately performed by an experienced and skilled plastic surgeon, the risks of facelift surgery are minimal. Dr. Katzen takes the utmost care to ensure that his Beverly Hills facelift patients achieve gorgeous, natural-looking, long-lasting results with the lowest possible risk of surgical or postoperative complications.
Look younger and feel better than ever with facelift surgery in Beverly Hills, CA
Whether you’re 45 or 75, facelift surgery can benefit you. World-renowned board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Timothy Katzen has performed thousands of successful facial rejuvenation surgeries to help men and women turn back the clock and restore a look that they can feel confident about. With the most cutting-edge tools and techniques at his disposal, Dr. Katzen can help you achieve the striking, youthful, sexy look of your dreams with minimal downtime and long-lasting results.
Call TODAY to schedule a consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Katzen has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai. Physical or virtual consultations can be arranged. Virtual consultation options include FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and WhatsApp. Call TODAY at (310) 859 - 7770 to schedule your FREE consultation to achieve the face of your dreams.