What are the Top 5 Benefits and Disadvantages of a Tummy Tuck Surgery?
A tummy tuck is a trusted plastic surgery procedure that can create your dream, desired sculpted abdomen; careful post-op maintenance with ideal weight management will yield long-lasting results!
- Do you know that a tummy tuck requires a lower abdominal scar, but the scar is usually covered by underwear?
- Do you know that a tummy tuck creates a slimmer, flatter waistline by removing excess fat and loose skin?
- Do you know that a tummy tuck surgery is a permanent solution to pregnancy stretch marks?
- Do you know that a tummy tuck surgery has a longer recovery time than liposuction alone?
Tummy tuck surgery can be one of the most challenging plastic surgery procedures that require extreme surgical precision and incredible aesthetic sense to achieve outstanding results. Choosing the best plastic surgeon is the first concern for patients in Beverly Hills, CA and Las Vegas, NV, because a tummy tuck is an invasive surgery. However, knowing every fact associated with a tummy tuck surgery is essential.
Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, M.D., is a plastic surgeon and a recognized name both in the USA and internationally. Dr. Katzen is an expert in performing tummy tuck surgery, and often combined tummy tuck with the latest liposuction technology, such as VASER high-definition liposuction.
What is Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy tuck or the medical term “abdominoplasty” is a plastic surgery procedure that flattens your abdomen by removing excess fat pockets and extra skin and tightening the weakened abdominal muscles. Tummy tuck surgery is different from a liposuction procedure. Liposuction removes fat only. A tummy tuck removes fat and skin. When a tummy tuck surgery is combined with advanced VASER liposuction, you can achieve the outstanding contouring results. In addition, the VASER liposuction technique along with tummy tuck helps define the abdominal muscles, emphasize muscle tone. For some patients, you can achieve the desired washboard abs or six-pack abdomen profile.
What are the Top 5 Benefits of a Tummy Tuck Surgery?
- Tummy tuck surgery is suitable for men and women. Women who have had several pregnancies may find the tummy tuck surgery a suitable option for tightening their abdominal muscles and reducing skin. Men can achieve the V-shaped torso or desired washboard abs with VASER-assisted liposuction and tummy tuck together. A tummy tuck is also suitable for those struggling with post-weight loss side effects, such as excess fat deposits or loose skin around the belly.
- A tummy tuck can permanently remove skin with stretch marks. After pregnancy, and massive weight loss, some women struggle with severe stretch marks. These women plagued by stretch marks can find the tummy tuck surgery to be a true savior. Tummy tuck surgery may also improve and often, eliminate the look of C-section and hysterectomy scars. Moreover, tummy tuck surgery produces a flatter tummy by tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Tummy tuck surgery improves bladder function and other medical conditions. A tummy tuck can do so much in giving you a toned, contoured abdomen and also improves some medical conditions. During tummy tuck/ abdominoplasty surgery, Dr. J. Timothy Katzen lifts and reduces pelvic soft tissue. This reduction of soft tissue of the pelvis can enhance the strength and stability of the muscles in the abdominal pelvis areas, urethra, and other structures. The tummy tuck can increase strength and significantly reduces stress urinary incontinence (SUI). SUI is a condition of uncontrollable urine leakage that occurs due to sudden or forceful actions, such as sneezing, laughing, and exercising. In some cases, patients with SUI who undergo a tummy tuck surgery have complete resolution of their SUI’s symptoms. During a tummy tuck surgery, ventral hernias can also be repaired; tummy tuck can decrease back pain.
- Tummy tuck surgery improves posture. After tummy tuck surgery, you may experience an improved posture due to eliminating soft tissue and tightened muscles; these maneuvers give more support to your spine. You will notice your new taut tummy. The stronger abdominal muscles, elimination of soft tissue, and decreased back pain result in improved posture.
- Tummy tuck surgery improves self-confidence and better body image. No matter how much you work on your abs at the gym, sometimes stubborn fat pocket deposits accumulate around your belly button. These fat pockets are resistant to diet or exercise. Tummy tuck surgery improves your abdomen contour by eliminating these unwanted fatty deposits and excess skin and tightening the weakened abdominal muscles. As a result, however, you achieve a better body image and improved self-confidence. You will also notice that your clothes look and fit better than they did before your tummy tuck.
What are the Top 5 Disadvantages of a tummy tuck surgery?
- Tummy tuck surgery is not a method for weight loss.Tummy tuck surgery creates a flatter, slimmer waistline by removing excess fat deposits and extra skin. However, tummy tuck surgery is not a method for weight loss. Furthermore, tummy tuck surgery does not necessarily improve the conditions like high blood pressure, cholesterol level, or other effects stemming from obesity. Diet, exercise, and sometimes, medicine and surgery are indicated for weight loss.
- Tummy tuck recovery takes time. Tummy tuck surgery is a major operation. Recovery from tummy tuck surgery takes ample time; however, seeing the outcome may take anywhere from 8-12 weeks. Ensure you are maintaining your results with a healthy diet and regular exercise. Initially, tummy tuck results are obscured by swelling and your inability to stand fully upright. Internal healing and swelling may take several weeks.
- Tummy tuck surgery leaves a scar. Tummy tuck surgery will leave you with scar. Fortunately, the tummy tuck scar is usually a well-concealed scar that can be hidden under a bikini. The tummy tuck scar may take several months to a year to fade. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen may recommend silicone scar sheets and other interventions to minimize the tummy tuck scar.
- Weight gain and pregnancy can ruin your tummy tuck result. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen highly recommends his patients follow a healthy lifestyle after tummy tuck surgery. It is crucial to maintain ideal weight management to enjoy long-lasting tummy tuck results. Eating a healthy, low-carb diet is suggestible, followed by an active routine after tummy tuck surgery.
- I will have Pain and swelling following tummy tuck surgery. After your tummy tuck surgery, you will have pain, swelling, bruising, and numbness. These discomforts are part of the healing process.
However, they will reduce over time. Dr. Katzen will prescribe pain medication and tell you how to best handle the discomfort associated with tummy tuck/ abdominoplasty.
What is the cost of tummy tuck surgery?
The cost of a tummy tuck is important to consider before proceeding with surgery. Since a tummy tuck is a highly individualized procedure, the cost may vary from patient to patient. These are several factors responsible for the cost of a tummy tuck. To obtain the cost of your tummy tuck, it is suggested to schedule in-person consultation with Dr. J. Timothy Katzen.
Factors that may influence the cost of tummy tuck surgery are:
- The qualifications and experience of a plastic surgeon
- The accreditation of the plastic surgery clinic or hospital
- The extent of tummy tuck
- The amount of fat to be removed
- The type of tummy tuck surgery performed
- The use of advanced technology to perform tummy tuck
- Whether your tummy tuck is a revision tummy tuck
- Whether liposuction is required
- The associated medical condition or general health status of the patient
- The geographical location of the center/ clinic.
A tummy tuck improves your abdomen contour by correcting the issues of fat pockets deposit and loose skin from the middle and lower abdomen. Tummy tuck surgery is not just a cosmetic procedure, but also helps improve/ correct some medical conditions, such as stress urinary incontinence (SUI), ventral hernia, back pain, and improved posture. Typically, patients opt for tummy tuck/ abdominoplasty after pregnancy or after losing a significant amount of weight.
Call TODAY to schedule a tummy tuck surgery consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Katzen has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai, UAE. Physical or virtual consultations can be arranged. Virtual consultation options include FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and WhatsApp. Call TODAY at (310) 859-7770 or email [email protected] to schedule your consultation and achieve your dream tummy profile.