What is Body Contouring: Top 4 Benefits of Body Contouring Surgery
"Body contouring eliminates excess fat, removes hanging skin, and tightens the abdominal muscles. This 3-in-1 advantage is achieved with a single body-contouring surgery!"
• Are you fed up with a restricted diet and strict exercise needed to achieve that perfect body contour?
• Do stubborn fat deposits in your thighs or buttocks make you feel low?
• Do you want to wear those cute short dresses or continue dreaming about them?
• Do you want to achieve the curves and shape to flaunt an appealing body profile?
Having a proper body contour to match one's physical profile is about aesthetic body balance. It is not always a blessing but needs constant care, monitoring, and sometimes plastic surgical intervention to meet your body goals and expectations. Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, M.D., has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai, UAE. Dr. Katzen is highly respected in the plastic surgery community for his body contouring procedures. Dr. Katzen attracts patients from across the world to undergo body contouring procedures.
Body contouring procedures reshape, lift, and eliminate excess fat and hanging skin. In addition, body contouring surgery corrects aging, pregnancy, and especially weight-loss areas. Weight loss surgery specialist, Dr. Katzen, offers many different types of surgeries to correct deformities of the abdomen, buttocks, lower back, flanks, arms, and upper thighs.
What is Body Contouring Surgery?
Body contouring or sculpting is a collection of plastic surgery procedures. There are various types of surgeries to surgically treat areas of concern. Body contouring surgery includes lifts, reductions, and augmentations.
Body contouring surgery includes these distinct surgical actions:
• Removal of extra skin
• Elimination of unwanted stubborn fat
• Reshaping of the area.
Body contouring surgery can target almost any area of the body. Some target areas include:
• Upper, middle, and lower back
• Upper pubic region or mons
• Flanks or "love handles"
• Neck and chin
Body contouring surgical procedures include liposuction, tucks, and lift. Body contouring helps to reshape an area of the body.
Some of the more common body contouring surgeries include:
1. Lifts, tucks, and reductions:
Lift and tuck surgical procedures remove excess fat and extra skin to offer the desired body contour. Body contouring can remove a significant amount of skin and fat. Body contouring procedures include:
• Abdominoplasty or tummy tuck
• Lower body lift
• Upper body lift
• Breast lift or mastopexy (crescent, peri-areolar, lollipop, and anchor mastopexies)
• Male or female breast reduction
• Arm lift or brachioplasty (crescent, mini, and full longitudinal brachioplasties)
• Torsoplasty (vertical and horizontal torsoplasties)
• Pubic lift or monsplasty
• Thigh lift, thigh reduction or thighplasty (crescent, modified, and longitudinal media thigh lifts)
• Forearm reduction
• Calf reduction
• Double chin surgery or necklift
Liposuction removes unwanted stubborn fat from specific body areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, arms, or neck. Liposuction uses a suction technique to offer the desired shape.
3. Fat transfer: Fat is removed by liposuction during fat transfer. The removed fat is processed, strained, and washed with antibiotics. Then, the purified fat is transferred to another area of the body. Potential transfer areas include the buttocks, breasts, face, and hands.
What Procedures are included in a body-contouring surgery?
Body contouring surgery aims to reshape the body. Body contouring surgery includes the elimination of fat and the excision of skin. However, one must note that body contouring is not weight loss surgery. Instead, body contouring surgery is performed to sculpt your body and create a more appealing and beautiful figure.
A quick list of some of the most popular body contouring surgery are as follows:
1. Abdominoplasty: During abdominoplasty surgery, the abdominal muscles are tightened, and extra lower tummy skin and fat are removed.
2. Breast lift: Breast lift surgery (mastopexy) is performed by removing excess skin to reshape your breasts. A breast lift can help to restore your breasts' youthful appearance. In addition, a breast lift and reduction can reduce the size of the breasts. Breast reduction surgery also helps women find relief from back pain and poor posture. Breast lift surgery can be done in combination with breast augmentation or reduction.
3. Facelift: Facelift or rhytidectomy improves the visible signs of facial aging. A facelift can tighten relaxed facial skin caused by weight loss, gravity, or sun damage. Facelift surgery can be combined with a brow lift, eyelid, or necklift surgery.
4. Double chin surgery: Chin liposuction is performed to correct the double chin issue. Dr. Katzen may recommend neck lift, neck liposuction, or a combination of both.
Top 4 Benefits of Body Contouring Surgery:
1. Body contouring surgery can help achieve a particular aesthetic shape: Body contouring surgery is performed on specific areas of the body to achieve the desired contour. The most prominent body areas requiring aesthetic contouring are the breast, buttock, back, belly, flanks (love handles), and thighs. The exact body contouring procedures will depend on your unique body shape, physical appearance, and anatomical profile. Body contouring surgery eliminates unwanted stubborn fat and excess skin to achieve an aesthetic body shape. Body contouring surgery helps skin look smoother, tighter, less wrinkled, and younger by removing extra skin. Thus, body contouring surgery is an excellent option for those who have lost significant weight.
2. Body contouring surgery can affect multiple body parts in a single surgery: More than one body contouring surgery can be performed simultaneously. The type and amount of body contouring surgery depend on the extent of skin removal and fat elimination. The exact combination of body contouring procedures depends on the amount of skin and fat that requires removal, operating time, anticipated blood loss, the health of the individual, and vectors of surgical incisions. Body contouring surgery is often for those who have lost significant weight and struggle with hanging skin or sagging. A 360 circumferential lower body lift surgery is usually recommended to remove the skin and fat from the abdomen, upper pubic region, hips, flanks, love handles, and buttocks.
3. Body contouring surgery can improve your physical and emotional comfort: You should have increased body flexibility after body contouring surgery. After you are healed from body contouring surgery, exercise and walking should be more comfortable. Thus, body contouring surgery offers you a dual benefit of firmer skin and increased ability to exercise. Increased ability to exercise should lead to even more weight. Body contouring surgery can free you from unsightly skin and fat jiggling while your body profile and comfort improve significantly.
4. Body contouring surgery results are permanent: The most significant benefit is its long-lasting results. The result of body contouring surgery is achieved by removing many inches (and sometimes yards) of skin. These surgeries provide a more dramatic and aesthetically welcoming effect. After body contouring surgery and to maintain your body contouring results, you must be committed to eating nutritious food and exercise routine.
Note: "360 circumferential lower body lift surgery is a trademark technique of Dr. J. Timothy Katzen. This procedure focuses on the mid and lower body, including the abdomen, upper pubic region (FUPA), buttocks, flanks, "love-handles," hips, lower back, and upper outer thighs. The lower body lift can facilitate the greatest amount of skin excision and lift to meet the desired body contouring goal. This major surgery of a patient's lower body requires extreme surgical precision and outstanding aesthetic skills on the part of the plastic surgeon."
Body contouring surgery is one of the most sought-after plastic surgery procedures, especially for those who have lost significant weight. Body contouring surgery helps achieve an appealing body profile. These procedures can benefit both men and women. During your one-on-one consultation with Dr. J. Timothy Katzen, you will be aware of these procedures' benefits, risks, or complications. Dr. Katzen will examine you and discuss your goals. You and Dr. Katzen will determine your best surgical options during this consultation. Review all risks with you to help you to choose the best option in your specific case.
Call TODAY to schedule a consultation. For your convenience, Dr. Katzen has offices in Beverly Hills, CA, Las Vegas, NV, and Dubai, UAE. Physical or virtual consultations can be arranged. Virtual consultation options include FaceTime, Zoom, Skype, and WhatsApp. Call TODAY at (310) 859-7770 or email [email protected] to schedule your consultation and achieve your dream body.